Quick access to top menu Direct access to main contents Quick access to page bottom

How a 2-Year-Old Got Syphilis from Grandma’s Mouth

Sanook

A 2-year-old boy has shocked the world with his diagnosis of syphilis.

A recent article from a Chinese news source reported that the boy’s mother brought him to a hospital for a routine check-up before minor surgery in March, where doctors diagnosed him with a sexually transmitted disease.

The most common reason for young children contracting syphilis is transmission from their parents. This discovery sparked intense disputes between the boy’s parents, with each accusing the other.

However, both parents tested negative for the disease, leaving doctors puzzled. The medical team continued their investigation and discovered that the boy’s grandparents were his primary caregivers.

Upon further testing, the boy’s grandmother was found to be positive for syphilis. The grandmother was unaware of how the boy could have been infected, but the boy’s father revealed, “My mother likes to cut food with her mouth before feeding it to my son.”

He also mentioned that his mother continued to do this despite repeated warnings.

Doctors explained that syphilis can be transmitted through sexual contact or blood transfusion.

However, in this case, it’s suspected that the boy contracted the disease from his grandmother’s habit of transferring food to him with her mouth.

This could have happened if there was bleeding from the gums, saliva, or contaminated food.

Doctors emphasized that while syphilis is not typically transmitted through casual contact, it’s important to maintain personal hygiene.

+1
0
+1
1
+1
1
+1
0
+1
0
tenbizt's Profile image

Comments0

300

Comments0

Share it on